Father was Powhatan Indian and Irish; mother was Cherokee Indian and German.
• Originally performed as part of duet with his older brother Jerry.
• Discovered by Jackie Gleason at a Phoenix luncheon; Gleason put the brothers on TV in 1962, and Newton appeared on Gleason's variety show several more times.
• Nicknamed "Mr. Las Vegas" for appearing in thousands of shows in Sin City casinos.
• Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport's main thoroughfare is named "Wayne Newton Boulevard."
• Signed one of the biggest contracts in entertainment history in 1999 with the Stardust Resort and Casino.
• Received the Lifetime Achievement award from the Arabian Horse Breeders Alliance in 2007.
• Signature song is "Danke Schoen."